Call for Proposals
The 19th annual NMHEAR Conference, scheduled for February 28 and March 1, 2013 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, will provide an opportunity for faculty, staff, and administrators to share ideas about assessment and retention initiatives that promote student success. The theme of this year’s conference is The Role of Assessment in Student Success: How do YOU Define Student Success? and Dr. George Kuh will be the guest speaker/presenter. Dr. Kuh is the Chancellor's Professor Emeritus of Higher Education at Indiana University Bloomington. and the founding director of the Center for Postsecondary Research and the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). Dr. Kuh currently directs the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment.
The mission of the NMHEAR Conference is to provide a forum for a wide variety of innovative assessment and retention presentations. Most importantly, we are interested in having you share what you have done and how it has worked. In addition to classroom and program assessment and retention, we encourage presentations about:
- Assessment and/or retention in K-16 partnerships
- Title III and Title V projects that have improved student retention and success
- Assessment projects that examine minority and at-risk students
- Assessment projects of student services
- Assessment of Distance Education
- Retention of Native American and Hispanic students
- Accountability and Quality
There are two identified formats for presentations: panel and workshop.
- A panel session is made up of more than one person and speaks to a single topic.
- A workshop is generally given by an individual or team with the intention of providing usable, transferable material to participants.
All presentations will be 45 minutes in duration. There is also room for you to indicate "other" in the presentation format, and you are encouraged to explore this option using creativity in your presentation.
If you would like to present at the New Mexico Higher Education Assessment and Retention Conference (NMHEAR), please submit the proposal form by Friday, November 30, 2012.
The Call for Proposals form should be self-explanatory. However, if you do have any questions, please feel free to
contact Susan Wood, NMHEAR Conference Director, at (575) 527-7711 or
PLEASE NOTE that all conference presenters are expected to register for the conference.
For more information,
Susan Wood, NMHEAR Conference Director
Doña Ana Community College, MSC 3DA
New Mexico State University, P. O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Phone: (575) 527-7711 Fax: (575) 527-7515