Announcement: Additional & Spanish Asbestos Awareness Classes
April 12th and 14th
This is to announce that the following Asbestos Awareness classes have
been scheduled. These are makeup classes for those that missed the annual
training in February. Space is limited to 50 persons per class and priority
will be given to the OFS Custodial department.
Two Asbestos Awareness Classes in English.
* April 12, Monday morning, 8:30-10:30 am
* April 12, Monday afternoon, 4:00-6:00 pm
Two Asbestos Awareness Classes in Spanish
The classes will be held in the EH&S Training facility, Rm. 102,
Unit B, Genesis Research Center, Research Drive (see map on EH&S Website)
* April 14, Wednesday morning, 8:30-10:30 am in Spanish
* April 14, Wednesday afternoon, 4:00-6:00 pm in Spanish
- The class is the required initial and annual class for custodial &
maintenance employees that work in areas or buildings that contain asbestos
- This includes all OFS, ICT, Housing and other personnel that enter the
University utility spaces and tunnels.
- Affected employee also includes all OFS, ICT, Housing, Ag. and other
personnel that may be expected to maintain or clean areas with asbestos,
ACM (Asbestos Containing Material) or ACBM (Asbestos Containing Building
Material) such as floor tile, wall board, roofing material, high pressure
pipe fittings, auto clutches & brakes, or similar material.
- Class will include instruction and slide presentation, a question/answer
session and a performance evaluation.
Addition information - description, schedule and registration
are given on the NMSU EH&S website at
REGISTRATION - Seating is limited, please register
to ensure seating via the website at the
POSTING - Affected departments are requested to print
and post this announcement for information.
David Shearer, Industrial Hygienist
Environmental Health & Safety 646-3327