The Office of Environmental, Health and Safety is responsible
for facilitating University safety by implementing programs that serve the students, employees and clients within the state. The objectives of
NMSU's safety policy are to prevent personal injury or death, to reduce costs caused by inadequate safety procedures and to reduce environmental pollution. This goal boosts morale and improves productivity.
EH&S fulfills its mission to make NMSU a safe environment by implementing programs and services in eight major areas.
EH&S 2009 Annual Report
- Education, Training & Protective Equipment
- Hazardous Waste & Materials Management
Health & Safety Inspection/Facility Audits/Activity & Work Reviews
- Regulatory Compliance
Accident & Exposure Investigations
- Exposure Prevention/Indoor Air Quality
- Radiation Licensing & Permitting
- Safety Standard & Procedures