HazCom Standard - USER/EMPLOYER DUTIES CHECKLIST
Checklist of main "Right to Know" responsibilities
- _____ Description of how Hazard Analysis (chemical inventory) requirements will be met.
- _____ Description of chemcial inventory system.
- _____ A complete list of on-site hazardous substances (chemical inventory) .
- _____ Description of how SDS requirements will be met.
- _____ Who is responsible for the chemical inventory and obtaining SDS
- _____ How SDS will be obtained and kept for every product used.
- _____ How SDS will be made accessible to employees upon request.
- _____ How missing SDS are to be requested from vendor.
- _____ Description of how proper labeling will be ensured.
- _____ Who is responsible for making and maintaining labels.
- _____ Description of labeling system used.
- _____ Description of how employees are trained.
- _____ Who is responsible for training.
- _____ Update on new hazards as they are introduced and refresher training plans.
- _____ Initial training plan & information given.
- _____ How employees will be informed of hazards of non-routine tasks and hazards of unlabeled pipes.
- _____ How contractors will be informed of hazardous substances.
- _____ Written program availablity to employees (location) and OSHA.
_____ Obtain and keep the supplier's SDS for each hazardous substance.
_____ Make SDS accessible to employees (keep in work areas).
_____ Request SDS from supplier if missing or incomplete.
_____ Each container labeled with product identity and hazard warnings.(Physical & Health warnings).
_____ Labels displayed and legible on all primary & secondary containers.
_____ Certain additional labels required to conform to other regulations (carcinogens, biohazards, etc).
_____Explanation and availability of the written Hazard Communication program.
_____ Explanation of an SDS and the information it contains.
_____ Observation and detection methods to use for hazards.
_____ Specific hazards and protective measures for work area.
_____ Details of chemical inventory system, SDS locations, and labeling program.
_____ Designation of persons(s) for training; and description of training program
_____ Elements of the training program (consistent with paragraph (h) of the standard)
_____ Procedures to train employee prior to work with hazardous chemical and to provide additional information when a new chemical hazard is introduced into workplace.