|Frequently Asked Questions||Class List
Class List - The following safety-related classes are provided on a regular basis or can be scheduled. Select and follow the link to a description and class content See the following link for checklist of required training and documents (Lab and research areas) (Non-lab areas)
- Employee Safety & Hazard Communication (Right-to-Know)
- Defensive Driving Course
- Laboratory Standard
- BioSafety Training Class
- Bloodborne Pathogen Class
- Animal Worker Safety (monthly)
- Respirator Training & Fit Testing
- Radiation Safety
- Nuclear Gauge Training- Radiation Safety (annual)
- Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Training (upon request)
- Emergency Action Plan (bimonthly- for NMSU policy)
- Lock out Tag out (annual)
- Confined Space (annual)
- Hearing Protection
- Ladder Safety (annual)
- Fork Lift Training (bimonthly training)
- Asbestos Awareness (annual training arranged by EH&S, Campus management by OFS
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Office Ergonomics / Back and Lifting Safety
- Worker Protection Standard (annual)
- Fire Extinguisher Operation/Use (hands-on training provided by NMSU Fire dept)
Class Descriptions & Contents
- Introduction to Federal and State regulations on forklift operations.
- Overview of OSHA 1910.178.
- Proper techniques for safe forklift operation.
- Hazards associated with forklift operations.
- Skills assessment
This mandatory course is provided by the office of EH&S. It provides employees with information and training on fork lift use in their work area. (NMSU Policy)
Who should attend:
All University employees, including full-time, part-time, and work study who operate fork lifts. Please note that, individuals under 18 years of age are not allowed to operate forklifts (OSHA reference).
Training frequency: Refresher is
three years after initial training and is primarily operational skills
(forklift rodeo). Additional specific retraining may be required if
there is an incident.
Refresher is required every three years after initial training and is primarily operational skills (forklift rodeo). Additional specific retraining may be required if there is an incident.
Length of course: 3 - 4 hours, depending on audience size and questions