- Monitor unrestricted indexes, agency Indexes (FOPALs), and plant Indexes (FOPALs)
- Prepare NMSU's annual financial statements
- Prepare other financial reports
- Serves as an audit liaison
- Maintain NMSU's Banner Chart of Accounts
- Maintain documentation/support for all accounting transactions
In support of the missions of Administration and Finance and New Mexico State University, the Accounting and Financial Reporting Department serves the university community in a professional, customer-focused manner by providing timely accounting and financial reporting services, financial management training, and audit support services in order to ensure accurate and reliable financial data and to support our internal and external customers' needs.