Suicide Prevention Trainings
The following are training workshops that are available to faculty/staff, classes, and student groups/organizations. These workshops include lectures and activities geared towards crisis intervention and suicide prevention. The workshops are designed with content that is appropriate and accessible to anyone, not just mental health providers. The Counseling Center has staff members who have been certified to provide these trainings. Please read the descriptions to get an idea of which workshop may best suit your needs. If you would like further information about these training programs, you can visit the LivingWorks website. You can contact Joey Hannah (email@example.com) or Deb Darmata (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a training workshop for your class, office, program, or department.
Other Related Trainings
In addition to the above workshops, we may also be able to provide additional trainings on other topics related to students in distress. If you would like an outreach presentation or guest lecture on any of these topics, please visit our Outreach page to make a request. Some examples may include:
- Recognizing mental health needs of students such as depression and anxiety
- Active listening skills for approaching a student in crisis and how to make a referral
- Information on Counseling Center services and ways to use us as a resource
- New Mexico State University Counseling Center
- Hours: Monday—Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Garcia Annex, Room 100
- MSC 3575/ P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001