Guest Housing and Conference Services
Large groups and conferences who wish to stay on campus during the summer months need to contact Conference Services directly for scheduling and rates.
A rooming list for conference groups can be found here.
Individuals who have University related business may contact the Department of Housing and Residential Life at 575-646-3202 to check apartment availability for on-campus stays. There is a minimum 7 night requirement for campus guest housing. Please remember, during the academic year our apartment facilities are usually at capacity with students so we may be unable to accommodate individuals requesting rooms. Guest apartments are two or four-bedroom with a shared bathroom, kitchen, and living area. Vista del Monte apartments do have ADA compatible rooms with an elevator to accommodate guests with special needs. Pets are not allowed in guest housing unless you have a documented service animal.
Rates for individuals are as follows:
- $24/night + $6 each additional person
- We are unable to provide apartment guests with linens (sheets, pillows, towels, etc). Please plan on bringing your own linens or purchasing them in Las Cruces. Beds are size twin extra-long; apartments do include a kitchen.You may bring pots, utensils, dishes, etc if you plan on cooking. A microwave is not provided.
- Apartments have active cable hook-ups but no television is provided, please feel free to bring your own.
- Apartments have active LRE Internet hook-ups. LRE boxes may be checked our at the VDM front desk. There will be a $300 charge for lost or stolen LRE boxes. Users must have an active NMSU ID and password to log on.
- If you will be bringing a vehicle, it will be necessary for you to obtain a parking permit from the Parking Department.
Guest Housing Payment
- You will be asked for a credit or debit card number when you make a reservation. There is a no-show charge of one night's rate, or $24.00. Cancellations must be made at least 72-hours in advance. University departments may be billed by interdepartmental voucher.
Check-In and Guest Housing Directions
Check-in for guest housing is at the South Campus Area Office. During the summer months, this office is open from Monday thru Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday, 2pm-6pm and closed Sunday. Guest arriving after hours or on Sunday will need to call the on-duty desk attendant at the number posted on the office door to obtain keys. Check-in begins after 1pm and check-out is at 11am. Please click here for printable a map to the South Campus Area Office.
From I-25 going north or south take exit 1 onto University Ave and head west (away from the mountains).
Turn left on Triviz Ave.
Turn right on Payne Street.
Turn right on Wells.
Turn left on Research Drive.
Turn right on Center Drive.
The South Campus Area Office is located on your left hand side and is clearly labeled.
- NMSU Department of Housing and Residential Life
- Phone: 575 646-3202 Fax: 575 646-7811
- Educational Services Center, Suite H
- Housing and Residential Life, MSC 3BB / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001