Rhodes Garrett Hamiel
RGH is a fully updated building that still has the charm, character, and feel of the residence halls of yesteryear. This hall is big on tradition, and the building style emphasizes its unique atmosphere. RGH features a massive courtyard known for its attractiveness and prominence for social functions. .
RGH is the only living area on campus where the rooms open onto an inside hallway -- a traditional "double-loaded corridor" design. This design encourages resident interaction and makes for a very strong sense of community amongst a diverse group of residents ranging from freshman to graduate students.
Convenience has always been something students are attracted to when choosing RGH. With multiple lots to choose from, residents can usually find parking without much hassle. RGH is located adjacent to the new Barnes & Noble Bookstore and is within a 5 minute walking distance to Taos Restaurant (the student dining hall), both of the main campus libraries, the Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Cashier, and Housing main offices, and much more! It even has an assortment of off-campus dining and shopping options just across the street!
RGH sponsors workshops on developing leadership skills, and other great events such as the annual haunted house in the RGH basement. Whether it is the unique building style, the vast amenities, the convenience, or the fun, RGH remains a facility that residents choose to return to year after year.
- Live-in student and professional staff
- Close proximity to 24-hour service and security desk and North Campus mail distribution center located in Garcia Hall
- Computer access available in common areas
- Floor lounges and large lobby areas equipped with ping-pong tables, pool tables, and televisions
- Large courtyard with sand volleyball court
- Centrally located laundry facility on site
- Kitchen areas
Each room includes (double occupancy):
- 2 extra long twin beds
- 2 desks with chairs
- 2 shelving units
- 2 consoles
- 2 dressers
- 2 custom chests
- Shared suite-style bathrooms or no hassle community bathrooms ( Rhodes )
- Individual Ethernet internet connections
- Shared free extended basic cable and local telephone service
- NMSU Department of Housing and Residential Life
- Phone: 575 646-3202 Fax: 575 646-7811
- Educational Services Center, Suite H
- Housing and Residential Life, MSC 3BB / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001