International and Border Programs initiated the "Globe of the Month Award" in 1997 and was subsequently changed to Globalization Awards in 2000 to recognize faculty members, staff, students and community members who contribute significantly to the internationalization of New Mexico State University. These awards are given annually.
What Constitutes Significant Contribution?
While this is a broadly defined term, the goal is to identify people who are extensively or intensely invloved in international activities such as:
- Incorporating global perspectives in teaching, research and service.
- Advising extensive numbers of international students or US students studying abroad.
- Actively seeking, supporting, coordinating and participating in international technical assistance and training programs.
- Serving extensively on international committees and projects.
- Organizing opportunities for international students and faculty to experience US culture and life in Las Cruces.
Who can Nominate?
Any NMSU faculty member, staff or student and any member of the Las Cruces community can nominate someone.
How to Nominate?
The nomination process is open from September 1st of each year and will remain open until March 15. In order to nominate someone, send the nominee's name, phone number and/or email address along with a one page description of the nominee's past and present international involvement and why you feel this person deserves the award to Cindy Garrett, Administrative Assistant for International and Border Programs, MSC 3567 or email@example.com. If you have specific questions, Cindy can be contacted at (575) 646-7041.
Who Will Select Recipients?
A committee composed of International Programs staff members will review all nominations shortly after deadline and select recipients for the year.
When will Awards be Given?
Awards are given during the month of April or the first of May when all recipients can be present for a special ceremony. Nominations made during an academic year are only good for that academic year.