Downloading & Installing ErgoSmart
Instructional Software for Windows 3.1
ErgoSmart and ErgoTips are downloaded in a compressed ZIP
file. This just means that the several smaller programs that
comprise the whole software package are "glued"
together and compressed into one large file. Doing this makes it
more convenient and faster for you to download the one larger
file, rather than several smaller ones.
Once you have downloaded the software, you need to UNZIP the
files, or "unglue" them to install the software
properly. WinZip is simply an utility to help you unglue the
To Download the Software
- Place your mouse pointer over the software you wish to
- Hold your SHIFT key down while pressing the left mouse
- In the Save As... box, choose where you
want to download the program.
- Click OK.
- The software you selected will be downloaded to you
machine, and can be found under the directory you choose
to save it in.
Download the ErgoSmart ZIP file
Download the ErgoTips ZIP file
WinZip for Windows 3.1 (575 KB)
Installing the Software
- Make sure you're in Windows.
- Select 'Files' then 'Run' from the Program Manager in
- Enter the path to the directory you saved 'winzip31.exe'.
For example, if 'winzip31.exe' had been saved in a
directory called 'temp' on the C drive, you would need to
- In the WinZip Setup window, click Setup
- WinZip will then ask you which directory you want to
install it, click OK
- WinZip will now display a window describing its features,
- A License Agreement and Warranty Disclaimer window will
be displayed. Click Yes
- WinZip will then prompt you to choose to start with the
WinZipWizard, or to start with WinZip Classes. Choose
"Start with the WinZip Wizard" and then click Next
- A "Search for Favorite Zip Folders" window will
appear. Choose "Search Entire Hard Disk", click
- WinZip will display that a certain number of folders were
added to your "Favorite Zip Folders". Click Next
- A window displaying "WinZip Wizard Setup is
complete". Click Next
- A "Welcome to the WinZip Wizard" is displayed.
- A list of all the .zip files found on your hard drive
will be listed. Choose either ergotip.zip or ergosmrt.zip
and click Next
- "Click 'Unzip Now' to unzip the selected
folder" will appear in the window, click Unzip
- The zip file you chose to unzip will be unzipped and the
setup script for the program will be run
- This will start the install program for the program you
- Follow the instructions on the screen
- Select Next
- If you wish to install the other Ergo Suite software,
select the program from the list of .zip files and click Next
- If you chose to install the ErgoTips Screen Saver, you
must set up the screen saver for operation on your
computer. Instructions on doing this are below.
Setting up ErgoTips Screen Saver for Windows
After installation of ErgoTips, you must set up
the Windows Screen Saver in the Control Panel to use ErgoTips.
- In the Main Group of the Windows Program
Manager, double-click the Control Panel icon.
- Double-click the Desktop icon.
- Under Screen Saver, select 'ErgoTips!'
from the Name list dialog box. Then set the Delay time,
in minutes, when you would like ErgoTips to begin
- Click the Setup button.
- Click the Browse button.
- Double-click "ErgoTips"
directory, then double-click "ergotips.spf",
then click on the OK button.
- You can now choose any of the options by
clicking and marking the appropriate box.
- Click the OK button.
If you have any questions, comments, or problems, please
contact the Employee Health Center at 646-6600.