New Mexico State University
Human Resources - CES Postings
|Department:||College of Ag -- Grant County|
|Rank:||Ext Agric Agent|
|Date Position Advertised:||August 12, 2013|
|Salary:||Commensurate with education and experience|
|Special Conditions:||POSTION CONDITIONS-
Position is for Grant County, headquarters in
Silver City, NM. Must live in county where employed
and be willing to work odd hours as needed.
Personal auto required; reimbursed at IRS rate per
mile. Valid driverís license required.
Offer of employment contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States. All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the universityís verification of credentials and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check.
|Qualifications:||New Mexico State University is the stateís land-grant university, serving the educational needs of New Mexicoís diverse population through comprehensive programs of education, research, extension education, and public service. NMSU offers 53 certificate, 52 associate, 88 bachelorís, 54 masterís, 22 doctoral, and 4 specialist in education and 3 doctor of education degree programs. NMSU serves approximately 14,276 undergraduate and 3,375 graduate students on the main campus in Las Cruces, NM. NMSU is a NASA Space Grant College, a Hispanic-serving institution and is home to the only Honors College in New Mexico.
The Cooperative Extension Service provides the people of New Mexico with practical, research-based knowledge and programs to improve their quality of life.
- Master's degree (in hand by hire date) required. At least one degree must be in Agriculture.
- Satisfactory experience in Extension or related field demonstrating ability to work with youth and/or adults preferred. Previous extension experience preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to people of all ages, ethnic backgrounds, income and education levels in order to develop informal educational programs that meet their needs.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing as well as teach.
- Ability to implement educational experiences for both youth and adults in furtherance of the mission of Extension required.
- Ability to provide the leadership role in management of volunteer organizations including recruitment, training and support of volunteers.
- Successful candidate must have basic computer skills.
|Examples of Duties:||RESPONSIBILITIES-
- Provide leadership and guidance to Extension educational programs in agriculture and 4-H Youth Development. Subject matter to include urban horticulture, community and economic development, and natural resources throughout the county as job requires. Programming to include 4-H youth and adults including adult and youth leaders.
- Collaborate with other Extension Agents, with State Extension Specialists, the Southwestern District Director and other administrators as well as outside agencies and organizations in planning and implementing the total Extension program.
- Maintain a favorable public image and gain acceptance for self, Extension and New Mexico State University among county citizens.
- Administratively responsible to the County Director and through him /her to the Southwestern District Director.
- Provide timely reports as required.
Competitive benefits are available, see http-//hr.nmsu.edu/benefits/ for complete description.
|Reply to/Deadline for Applications:||TO APPLY- SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST; RESUME OR VITAE; UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS, AND NAMES, ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS OF THREE REFERENCES. SCREENING OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN- 9/23/13. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE MAY BE CONSIDERED.
SUBMIT MATERIALS TO-
Tom Dean, Southwest District Department Head
Cooperative Extension Service
Box 80003, MSC 3AE
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Telephone- (575) 646-2584
NMSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States.