New Mexico State University
Office - Faculty Postings
|Department:||NMSU - Carlsbad|
|Rank:||Instructor or Asst Professor|
|Date Position Advertised:||October 11, 2012|
|Salary:||Commensurate with education and experience|
|Qualifications:||• Master’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology; (Electrical Engineering preferred)
• Minimum two years equivalent full-time teaching experience in Engineering or Engineering Technology at the post-secondary level (2 years part-time experience is equivalent to 1 year full-time experience)
• Ability to teach introductory engineering, mechanics-statics, and AC/DC circuits
• Experience with developing an Engineering curriculum and with student learning assessment and program assessment.
• Finalists will be asked to demonstrate their teaching skills during the interview process
|Examples of Duties:||• The successful candidate will teach courses in Engineering and related program courses (such as Math and/or Physics)
• Coordinate the General Engineering Associate of Science program, including curriculum design and development, scheduling, outreach, and recruitment activities
• Develop teaching materials and select textbooks for lectures and labs as needed
• Identify and purchase supplies and equipment to meet program needs and goals
• Teaching assignments are on a 9-month contract of 15 credit hours per semester
• Conduct ongoing assessment of courses
• Teach weekends and evenings as assigned
• Teach effectively to a diverse student body
• Participate in professional development activities
• Participate in various committee assignments for the benefit of NMSU Carlsbad
• Willingness to deliver courses online
|Benefits Offered:||Benefits- Please see web site for details- http-//benefits.nmsu.edu|
|Special Conditions:||Regular 9-Month, Tenure-Track
Effective- January 10, 2013
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check.
|Reply to/Deadline for Applications:||Review of completed applications will begin on November 15, 2012 and applications received after this date may be considered. Completed applications must include a letter of interest; resume, unofficial college transcripts for degrees earned, and a list of three professional references (which include their title, address, daytime phone number and email address). Official college transcripts will be required before a letter of offer is extended.
Send application to Bobbie Jo Willingham, HR Specialist, NMSU- Carlsbad, 1500 University Drive, Carlsbad, NM 88220. Direct inquiries to (575) 234-9208 or CarlsbadHR@nmsu.edu.
NMSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States.