New Mexico State University
Human Resources - Faculty Postings
|Department:||College of Ag - Quay County|
|Rank:||Ext Agric Agent|
|Date Position Advertised:||September 04, 2013|
|Salary:||Commensurate with education & experience|
|Qualifications:||- Masterís degree (in hand by hire date) required. At least on degree must be in Agriculture
- Satisfactory experience in Extension or related field demonstrating ability to work with youth and/or adults preferred. Previous extension experience preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to people of all ages, income, educational levels and ethnic background and develop informal educational programs to meet their needs.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to teach effectively.
- Ability to provide leadership role in management of volunteer organization including recruitment, training and support of volunteers.
- Successful candidate will have basic computer skills.
|Examples of Duties:||- Provide leadership and guidance to Extension educational programs in agriculture, urban horticulture, community and economic - development and natural resource areas throughout the county as job requires.
- Provide leadership and guidance to 4-H educational programs in agriculture and natural resource areas throughout the county as job requires.
- Team with other Extension Agents in the county and with State Specialists, District Department Head, Administrators, and other agencies and organizations in planning and implementing total Extension programs.
- Maintain a favorable public image and gain acceptance for self, Extension and New Mexico State University among the county citizens
- Administratively responsible to the County Program Director and through him/her to the Extension Department Head, Eastern District.
- Provide timely reports as required.
|Benefits Offered:||Group medical and hospital insurance, group life insurance,
long-term disability insurance, state educational retirement,
workers' compensation, sick leave, annual leave and
unemployment compensation. Opportunity for educational
|Special Conditions:||Position is for Quay County, headquarters in
Tucumcaril, NM. Must live in county where employed
and be willing to work odd hours as needed.
Personal auto required; reimbursed at IRS rate per
mile. Valid driverís license required.
Offer of employment contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States. All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the universityís verification of credentials and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check
|Reply to/Deadline for Applications:||Bruce Hinrichs, Eastern District Department Head
3005 N. Prince
Clovis, NM 88101
Telephone- (575) 762-1052
SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST; RESUME OR VITAE; UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS, AND NAMES, ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS OF THREE REFERENCES. SCREENING OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN- 10/7/13.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE MAY BE CONSIDERED.
NMSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States.