New Mexico State University
Office - Faculty Postings
|Department:||DACC - Emergency Med Paramedic Pgm|
|Date Position Advertised:||February 14, 2013|
|Salary:||Commensurate with qualifications.|
• Associate degree. Degree must be in hand by date of hire. Bachelor’s Degree will be a requirement for promotion to senior ranks.
• Three (3) years experience as a Paramedic or Registered Nurse in an emergency medicine capacity.
• New Mexico EMP-P and National Registry EMP-P or RN.
• Completion of New Mexico Approved DOT Instructor Course by date of hire.
• Experience teaching post-secondary students.
• Associate Degree in an Allied Health related field.
• Knowledge of innovative, creative teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students.
• Experience with media, evolving instructional technologies, and distance learning programs and delivery.
• Experience in developing curriculum, measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing and improving student learning.
• Endorsement of the teaching philosophy of DACC which supports a goal of success for all students through active learning experiences and strong faculty involvement.
• Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with students, colleagues, staff, supervisors, and the community.
• ilingual competence in Spanish and English will be considered an asset.
|Examples of Duties:||Teach 36 credit hours over fall, spring and summer semesters. Teaching assignment may include day, evenings, weekends, and/or multiple campus locations. Develop, revise and update curriculum in collaboration with the department faculty and director or chair. May develop and teach online courses. Instruct, support, advise and provide timely feedback to students in accordance with DACC policy and procedures. Participate in and serve on department, division, and college committees, program advisory councils, task forces and working groups. Maintain professional and academic competence and participate in professional development activities. As appropriate, assist with cooperative education or clinical work site development and student placement. Maintain office hours as mandated by division and college policy. Function as advisor to students, both individually and as assigned to student clubs and groups. Perform other related duties as assigned.|
|Benefits Offered:||Group medical and hospital insurance, group life insurance,
long-term disablity insurance, state educational retirement,
workers' compensation, sick leave, annual leave and
unemployment compensation. Opportunity for educational
|Special Conditions:||EFFECTIVE DATE- As soon as possible
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university's verification of credentials, verification of individual’s eligibility for employment in the United States and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check.
|Reply to/Deadline for Applications:||Send letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts (from university/college awarding degree), list of five (5) references and Candidate Release Form found at http-//dabcc.nmsu.edu/employment/release_form.shtm to-
Doña Ana Community College
MSC-3DA, Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Review of applications will begin March 8, 2013. Applications received after this date, may be reviewed.
Facsimiles or electronically mailed applications will not be accepted or considered.
NMSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States.