New Mexico State University
Human Resources - Faculty Postings
|Department:||DACC - Emergency Med Paramedic Pgm|
|Date Position Advertised:||February 14, 2013|
|Salary:||Commensurate with qualifications. This is a 12-month position|
• NREMT-P and NM EMT-P by time of hire or RN required.
• Associate Degree. Degree must be in hand by date of hire. Bachelor’s Degree will be a requirement for promotion to senior ranks.
• Three years experience as a Paramedic with at least two years experience in the pre-hospital or emergency clinical setting.
• Successful completion of DOT or equivalent Emergency Medical Services Instructors Course.
• Two years of teaching experience with an accredited emergency medical services program.
|Examples of Duties:||• Associate Degree in an Allied Health related field.
• Previous experience teaching in a community college setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field preferred.
• Knowledge of innovative, creative teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students.
• Experience with media, evolving instructional technologies, and distance learning programs and delivery.
• Experience in developing curriculum, measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing and improving student learning.
• Endorsement of the teaching philosophy of DACC which supports a goal of success for all students through active learning experiences and strong faculty involvement.
• Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with students, colleagues, staff, supervisors, and the community.
• Formal teacher training / experience is recommended.
• ACLS , Pals, PHTLS, AMLS instructor certifications.
• Bilingual competence in Spanish and English will be considered an asset.
|Benefits Offered:||Group medical and hospital insurance, group life insurance,
long-term disablity insurance, state educational retirement,
workers' compensation, sick leave, annual leave and
unemployment compensation. Opportunity for educational
|Special Conditions:||EFFECTIVE DATE- As soon as possible
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university's verification of credentials, verification of individual’s eligibility for employment in the United States and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check.
|Reply to/Deadline for Applications:||Send letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts (from university/college awarding degree), list of five (5) references and Candidate Release Form found at http-//dabcc.nmsu.edu/employment/release_form.shtm to-
Doña Ana Community College
MSC-3DA, Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Review of applications will begin March 8, 2013. Applications received after this date, may be reviewed.
Facsimiles or electronically mailed applications will not be accepted or considered.
NMSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility for employment in the United States.