Philosophy Alumni and Faculty Endowed Scholarship and Paul T. Sagal Scholarship
The Philosophy Department awards two annual scholarship of approximately $300-$500 to two Philosophy majors who will be either a junior or a senior in the upcoming academic year. Interested parties should submit a letter of application to the Philosophy Department containing content relevant to the following categories:
- Your name
- Current GPA
- Philosophical interests
- Philosophical ambitions
- Philosophy courses taken, including the grades you received for each course
- Perhaps other courses related to philosophy that you have taken, including the grades
- Philosophical papers that you have presented (if any)
- Philosophical publications (if any)
- Membership in any philosophical organizations, including any leadership positions
- An argument illustrating why you deserve to be a recipient of this scholarship
- A polished, philosophical writing sample
All entries must be submitted to the Philosophy Department by 5:00 pm on April 18th, 2013.
The Philosophy Department hopes to award the scholarship by the end of this semester.