|Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:23:20 -0700
To: NMSU postings , email@example.com, "Distribution, ABCD"
From: David Shearer
1) NMSU's 2002 Injury Summary (OSHA log
been posted on the EH&S web site
The log is given on the NMSU EH&S website via
2) Two (2) classes on Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
have been scheduled for March 3 and 11.
The log can be printed (change the printer setting to landscape) or reviewed
on line (see large image).
Questions on the log should be directed to Chuck Ryder at 646-3327.
The Adult CPR Classes will be presented at the EH&S
Training facility, Room 102, Unit B, Genesis Research Center, 4200 Research
Drive (next to Parking and Employee Health Offices) on:
March 3 - Monday, 1 - 5 pm (max. 16 persons)
March 11- Tuesday, 1 - 5 pm (max. 16 persons)
Registration and additional details are given on the NMSU EH&S website
These classes will provide the following
- 4-hour, American Heart CPR techniques for adults
- Hands-on practice with models and CPR dummies
- Use of defibrillator (new device treatment for heart attack
Certified instructors from NMSU Police will provide the classes to
help NMSU prepare for emergencies and to comply with State and Federal
requirements. Interested individuals must register and attend the 4
hour class in order to received certification.
- There is a minimal cost of $5 for the certification. This
will not include the CPR manual (available separately).
Certification is good for two years
- Minimum class size is 6 persons. We need to record interest
to hold the class, so please register in advance.
- If there is interest, we can schedule CPR for Infants and
Children or additional classes later in the semester (email
The class is open to the University community. Any interested
staff, faculty, or student may attend.
Registration - Please register to ensure seating via
the website at the
David Shearer, Industrial Hygienist
Environmental Health & Safety 646-3327