- Bhopal 20 years later(posted Dec 2004)
- OSHA Top 10 citations for the year 2004
- Announcement -
Campus Safety Events Fall 2004
- National Bicycle Awareness Month Events -
- Signs - need a temporary sign? - see examples on the safety website.
- Ladder Dumbs & Don'ts Here are some photos of what not to do with a ladder
Mercury Remediation Plan (posted March
format rtf format
NMSU's remediation plan has been developed in order to reduce the risks associated with mercury contamination of the wastewater stream. The plan is to safeguard or eliminate all sources of mercury, mercury compounds, and mercury containing devices on NMSU. It provides steps for reduction as well as reporting essential quantities in the work areas.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics -
- MERCURY PROGRAMS
DOT Regulations on Hazardous Materials Shipping (posted
Memo outlines procedures for safe shipping and transportation of hazardous materials from campus. This affects all faculty, staff, and students that may handle chemicals, pesticides, biological or radioactive materials.
Campus Activity Permits - guide to use (posted 2003)
- Pedestrian Safety Information
- To cross or not, be alert - Accident photo
- NM Has the Highest Pedestrian Fatality Rate in the Nation
- NHTSA - Pedestrian & Bike Safety Information/Programs
- US Dept of Transportation 'Pedestrian Safety Campaign'
- NM Traffic Bureau Information
- NM Pedestrian Accident Maps
- Las Cruces traffic accidents (select LC and set view to pedestrian accidents)
- Pedestrian Safety Campus Concern - Safety Notes April 2004
200/300A Log - for Year 2003 (posted February
NMSU's 2003 Injury Summary (the 2003 OSHA log 300A) has been posted (above line) on the EH&S web site. The log can be printed (change the printer setting to landscape) or reviewed online (see large image). Under New Mexico law this annual summary log must be posted from February 1 to April 30. This web posting completes NMSU obligations, however the log may be printed and posted in the workplace for employee information. Additional questions on the log or division summaries should be directed to Chuck Ryder at 646-3327.
- Reasons for evacuation drills and first alert systems
- May 2003 tornado damage GM plant
Ok, courtesy ASSE members, posted Sept 2003
Learned: Surge Protectors & Potential Fires
- Lesson Learned: Surge Unit Fire
- Important information on Surge Protectors
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - database search
act with forklift
(Caution, these are professionals, don't try this at home or anywhere else.)
- Reminder - Restrictions on Temporary University Driving Permits (posted 2003)
- Lesson Learned: Filling Pressurized Containers - Nemotology CO2 cylinder
EH&S MEMOS via ABCD distribution & link to website
University Safety Committee Meetings, minutes for:
|September 24, 2003|
Safety Newsletter - Safety Notes
Issue 1 - 2003 November (***pdf format)
Issue 2 - 2004 April (***pdf format)
**Acrobat Reader is required to display the newsletter. -
click below to download a free copy via the NMSU ICT website
If you have taken a Safety Class recently, you name has been added to the distribution list for the Safety Notes Newsletter. To subscribe or unsubscribe, please use the comments form (link in left margin). Please give your email, first & last name, and whether you want to subscribe or unsubscribe.