Terms and Conditions of Course Registration
Terms and Conditions of Processing a Course Registration
By enrolling in classes at New Mexico
State University (NMSU), a student makes a financial commitment to pay
the tuition and fee charges associated with that enrollment. The enrollment
action constitutes a financial obligation between the student and NMSU
and all proceeds of this agreement will be used for educational purposes
and constitute an educational loan pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)
The following terms and conditions are financial requirements
of each student’s education related to their registration for a
term at New Mexico State University. The payment of tuition and fees is
the obligation of the student. By processing a course registration either
via the Web or by submitting a course request card to an academic student
registration area, a student acknowledges they have read and agree to
the following terms and conditions:
- Registration constitutes a financial agreement between you (“Student”) and New Mexico State University (“NMSU”). Tuition, fees and other charges you incur, including but not limited to housing, meal plans, and bookstore charges (“Charges”), shall be added to your student account and are considered a loan for educational benefit.
- Once you formally register for classes, you assume the responsibility for understanding NMSU’s official policies concerning schedule changes, satisfactory academic progress and the financial policies of the University as described in the “New Mexico State University Undergraduate Catalog” or “New Mexico State University Graduate Catalog” for the term of enrollment.
- Installment payment arrangements will be automatic with a non-refundable deferred payment fee for any Charges not paid in full within five (5) business days of the start of the term.
- Charges may be prepaid at any time in whole or in part without premium or penalty.
- Charges left unpaid for prior terms will result in disenrollment from your current term courses unless payment arrangements are made with University Accounts Receivable prior to the disenrollment date.
- In the event that you become delinquent in paying Charges or default in repaying Charges you will be liable for collection fees and any other costs incurred by New Mexico State to collect any monies due from you.
- Students withdrawing after the stated refund dates remain liable for
full tuition and fee charges. Collection costs incurred in the event of delinquency
shall be at the expense of the Student.
- NMSU accepts payment via student financial aid and third party sponsorship, but the responsibility for payment remains with the student. It is your responsibility to keep track of your account balance and any funding sources. If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, the student will be required to pay the full amount due.
- If New Mexico State University prevails in a lawsuit to collect on this financial obligation, Student will pay NMSU’s court costs, collection agency costs and attorney’s fees in an amount the court finds to be reasonable.
- You consent to receive email notifications to your @nmsu.edu e-mail address of the availability of an E-Bill (Electronic Billing Statement) and consent to review billing statement information on NMSU Web Payment System.
- It is your responsibility to check your myNMSU email daily and maintain a current postal address to ensure receipt of all University correspondence.