WAVE Tools for Parents Warning Signs
Be conscious of warning signs that your child is in trouble.
Some indications that your child may be experiencing difficulties include:
- Your child is avoiding your phone calls or avoiding long-term friends and/or obligations.
- Your child is experiencing a sudden drop in grades, indicating his/her focus is not on academics.
- Sudden change in friendships or behavior.
- Social life appears to center around alcohol.
- Lack of involvement in other aspects of campus life.
- Friendships appear shallow and not based on mutual respect.
If Your Child is Struggling
Help is available. Please call: WAVE Program: (575) 646-2813 or Counseling Center: (575) 646-2731