NMSU WSP Student Paper Award
Congratuations to the 2013 Winners!
Jenna Bialostosky-Undergraduate Paper Award Recipient
Myra Llerenas-Undergraduate Honorable Mention
Sasha Richardson-Graduate Paper Award Recipient
K. Naoma Staley-Graduate Honorable Mention
Be sure to participate in 2014! Come back in a few months to check for further details.
Women’s Studies Paper Award
The Women’s Studies Program announces a competition for the best student research paper on subject areas related to women, gender, or their intersection with race, class, sexuality, or nation. The award recognizes excellent student scholarship in the field of Women Studies by NMSU students. Entries will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary committee of Women’s Studies faculty. Winners will be announced during Women’s History Month in March 2013. The competition is open to all current students at New Mexico State University. An award of $150.00 will be given for the best undergraduate paper and $200.00 for best graduate paper.
Entries must have been prepared for a course, seminar, independent study, or internship (or one that is cross-listed with WS) at NMSU for the Women’s Studies Program and should represent the student’s original work. The submitter must be the sole author. Limit one submission per student.
Rules for Submission
· The title of the paper, your name, Banner ID #, email address, name of the class for which the paper was prepared, instructor and semester taken, and classification (undergraduate or graduate) must be submitted as a separate document.
· All entries must be 10-25 pages (12 pt font) including Work Cited, typed, and double-spaced.
· Each entry must clearly have a title on the first page. The Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the paper.
· Entries and Info documents should be submitted as email attachments (PDF, RTF, or .DOC) to Dr. Laura Williams, Director of the Women’s Studies Program at email@example.com
· Entries that do not follow these guidelines will not be accepted.
Flyers for 2013